Last Updated: November 21st, 2014
Zoola Fix (hereinafter referred to as "Zoola Fix", "we", "us" or "our") operates a Website and community marketplace that helps people form lasting offline experiences and relationships directly with one another, where they can create, list, discover and book unique Guidance’s around the world, through our website (“Website”). Zoola Fix refers to Zoola Fix Ltd in all instances.
“Aggregated information” means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together and which does not include the users’ Personal Information.
"Data Controller" means Zoola Fix, the company responsible for the use of and processing of Personal Information.
"Personal Information" means information relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DOES ZOOLA FIX GATHER ABOUT ITS USERS?
1. Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Website. Examples include when you:
- fill in any form on the Website, such as when you register or update the details of your user account;
- access or use the Website, such as to search for or post Guidance’s, make or accept bookings, pay for Guidance’s, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
- link your account on a third party site (e.g. Facebook) to your Zoola Fix account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorized by you; and
- communicate with Zoola Fix.
2. Mobile Data
When you use certain features of the Website, we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, such as your IP address, post code.
3. Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Website, regardless of whether you are registered with Zoola Fix or logged in to your Zoola Fix account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Website, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Zoola Fix services on third party Websites such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
5. Third-party social plugins
Our Website may use social plugins which are provided and operated by third-party companies, such as Facebook’s Like Button.
As a result of this, you may send to the third-party company the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our Website. If you are not logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may be able to link information about your visit to our Website to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the third party.
HOW ZOOLA FIX USES AND PROCESSES THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE OR MAKE AVAILABLE
We use and process Information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Website, Zoola Fix’s business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, and for advertising and marketing;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Website, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying the address of your Fixer Profiles, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent on behalf of our business partners that we think you may find interesting.
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Zoola Fix or our business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
HOW ZOOLA FIX USES AND PROCESSES USER COMMUNICATIONS
We may review, scan, or analyse your communications with other users exchanged via the Website for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory
compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, the Website
may scan and analyse messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. This helps to prevent fraudulent actors from asking Guests to
send them money outside of the Website, such as by bank transfer or other money transfer methods. We may also scan, review or analyse messages for research
and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug product offerings.
We will not review, scan, or analyse your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to third parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Website, you consent that Zoola Fix, in its sole discretion, may review, scan, analyse, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
WHEN ZOOLA FIX DISCLOSES OR SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND TO WHOM
IMPORTANT: When you use the Website, your data may be sent to the United States and possibly other countries
We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to countries outside of the European Economic Area (" EEA") including the United States. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
1. Parts of your public profile page that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Website to other users for marketing purposes.
2. Your public Fixer Profile page will always display some minimum information such as the city where your Guidance’s take place, your profile photos and your age (according to the date of birth you provided us). Parts of your Fixer Profile may be displayed in other parts of the Website to other users for marketing purposes.
3. The Website allows Fixer Profile pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public profile and public Fixer Profile pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results.
4. When you submit a request to book a Guidance, your name will become visible to the Fixer. In addition, you will be required to provide a phone number in order to complete a booking request. By doing this you agree to either the Fixer or Zoola Fix contacting you to aid in the arrangement of the Guidance. We will not share your phone number with other users who you have not or do not have a confirmed booking with.
5. When your request to book a Guidance is accepted by the Host or when you accept a Guest’s request to book your Guidance, we will disclose some of your Personal Information to the Host or Guest. However, your billing information will never be shared with another user.
6. When a Guest accompanies you on your Guidance or when you accompany a Fixer on their Guidance, we will ask you to review the Guest or the Guidance. If you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Website.
7. You may link your account on a third party social networking site to your Zoola Fix account. We refer to a person’s contacts on these third party sites
as “Friends”. When you create this linkage:
o some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Zoola Fix account profile;
o your activities on the Website may be displayed to your Friends on the Website and/or that third party site;
o other Zoola Fix users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
o other Zoola Fix users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking site(s); and
o the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes.
The publication and display of information that you provide to Zoola Fix through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorisations on the third party site.
8. We may distribute parts of the Website (including your Fixer Profile) for display on sites operated by Zoola Fix’s business partners, using technologies such as HTML widgets.
9. We may also engage third party companies and individuals, who may be located outside of the EEA, to provide services to us, including services to help verify your identification or to conduct checks against databases such as public government databases (where legally allowed). We may provide Personal Information about you to these third parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services.
10. You acknowledge, consent and agree that Zoola Fix may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Collective Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to claims asserted against Zoola Fix; (b) to comply with legal process (for example, subpoenas and warrants); (c) to enforce and administer our agreements with users, such as the Terms of Service, (http://www.zoolafix.com/terms); (d) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes; or (e) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Zoola Fix, its users or members of the public. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless prohibited by law or by the government request, or if doing so would be futile or ineffective.
We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS BY ZOOLA FIX
HOW TO CHANGE OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION, OR CANCEL YOUR ZOOLA FIX ACCOUNT
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Zoola Fix account by logging in to your account. If you would like to cancel your Zoola Fix account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your account. Please also note that any reviews or similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Website in association with your first name, even after your Zoola Fix account is cancelled.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented reasonable administrative and technical security measures to protect your Personal Information against the unauthorised access, destruction or alteration of your information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
We may change how we collect and then use Personal Information at any time and without prior notice, at our sole discretion.
Zoola Fix uses "cookies" in conjunction with the Website to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g., your phone or your computer) for record-keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the Website to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences and other information.
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Website may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
Zoola Fix cookies and third party cookies
We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and so Google may also set cookies on your device. As further explained below, third parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
There are two types of cookies used on the Website, namely “persistent cookies” and “session cookies”.
Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Website.
The Website may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Uses for Zoola Fix cookies
- to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the Website across different webpages and browser sessions.
- to simplify your access to and use of the Website and make it more seamless.
- to monitor and analyse the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Website, so that we can improve and optimise it.
- to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
Uses for third party cookies
In addition, Facebook places a cookie via the Website that allows Facebook to obtain aggregated, non-Personal Information to optimize their services. For example, if a user clicks on an advertisement for the Zoola Fix page on Facebook and subsequently ‘Like’s’ the page, this cookie will inform Facebook that a user (who is not personally identified) has ‘Liked’ the page after clicking on the advertisement.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customise, or use some of the interactive features of the Website. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website (http://www.adobe.com/) and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel ( http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html ).